Re: Does anyone succeed installing ceph RGW in the CentOS?

Hi!

I had also a lot of trouble making it work!

First of all edit the first lines of /etc/init.d/ceph-radosgw
script to make it look like the following

#! /bin/bash
set -x

What "set -x" does is that it puts it in verbose mode and you get more info when you try to
start the service.

After you do that try to start the service as "service ceph-radosgw start" and see what the output
says.

If it fails for some reason due to the hostname I 've found out that I had to use the FQDN in the "ceph.conf" file in the section for "client.radosgateway.gateway" no matter what the manual says. Then restart the service.

Another point that you should take care is that you have to delete the /tmp/ceph.socket (or wherever it is) file before trying to use the service as it may have been "locked".

Try that and let us know of what happens.

Best,

G.