object striping using librbd/librados(Firefly)

Hi all,

      Good day. I am facing some problems with Ceph. Hope you guys can help me !

        Here are my questions:

1.      I want object striping storing in multi-OSDs so I use ‘librbd’ to store object.

Every time I put an object I just create a RBD( that mean every object I puted is equal one RBD in Ceph).

While I created more than 30,000 objects(that also mean more than 30,000 rbd) in ceph.

The `create RBD` step is getting slower, while it reach 60,000 objects the ‘create RBD’ time is quadruple compare to just few objects at beginning.

It seem more RBDs in Ceph will make the ‘create RBD’ more time longer.

Is this problem solvable if I still use ‘librbd’?

2.      If answer for question 1 is no, I am thinking change the ‘librbd’ to ‘librados‘ with object striping feature in Firefly bluprint(http://wiki.ceph.com/Planning/Blueprints/Firefly/Object_striping_in_librados).

Can it fit my need ? If so, would this feature be included in firefly?

3.      Will the librados with object striping feature provide the same API with the original ones? How can I use this feature with rados-java library?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Jerry