Re: map RBD into CephFS?

* On 28 Feb 2014, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> > No dice -- "set" not supported.  I can set this directly in ceph.conf,
> > though, right?  This is the advice I've seen before.  Is a restart of
> > ceph-mds sufficient to make that work, or would something need to be
> > recreated?
>
> Unfortunately, it looks like in that version the max file size is
> encoded in the MDSMap, but there is no way to change it once the map
> is created. You'd have to destroy the existing filesystem and create a
> new one to change it. If you do go down that road, you'll need to get
> the "mds_max_file_size" config option set on the monitors before
> creating the new FS; that option doesn't make any difference on the
> MDS.

Thanks for researching this for us, Greg.  Sounds like something to plan
for our next software update, but to try not to deal with now.  Maybe the
bind mount of /dev/rbd/rbd will do for now.

--
       David Champion • dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx • University of Chicago
Enrico Fermi Institute • Computation Institute • USATLAS Midwest Tier 2