Re: Cephfs + CTDB+Samba/NFS

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, haiquan517@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi ,
>
>      Recently, we are testing use CTDB+Cephfs+Samba/NFS  HA cluster , but
> it's not success, so the Cephfs if support CTDB cluster file ?   if it
> support , could you pls offer a guideline link .
>
>      We use Ceph 0.67.4 version.    thanks a lot!

This is not something we have tested (ctdb and multiple samba instances),
but is definitely something we would like to make work.  In principle,
CTDB shoudl work on top of CephFS, but it would be even nicer to make a
CTDB backend (or CTDB alternative) that uses rados directly to manage the
shared state between Samba instances.

There are probably others on this list who have more experience in this
area...

sage