questions about monitor data and ceph recovery

Hi!

My first question will be about monitor data directory. How much space I need to reserve for it? Can monitor-fs be corrupted if monitor goes out of storage space?

I also have questions about ceph auto-recovery process.
For example, I have two nodes with 8 drives on each, each drive is presented as separate osd. The number of replicas = 2. I have wrote a crush ruleset, which picks two nodes and one osd on each to store replicas. Which will happens on following scenarios:

1. One drive in one node failed. Will ceph automatically re-replicate affected objects? Where replicas will be stored?

1.1 The failed osd will appears online again with all of it's data. How ceph cluster will deal with it?

2. One node (with 8 osds) goes offline. Will ceph automatically replicate all objects on the remaining node to maintain number of replicas = 2?

2.1 The failed node goes online again with all data. How ceph cluster will deal with it?

Thanks in advance,
  Pavel.