Re: How client choose among replications?

On 02/11/2014 10:06 AM, JinHwan Hwang wrote:
I thought that Ceph evenly distribute client request among replications.
But I've seen example rule set that assign primary replication for ssd
and other two for hdd. Can i assign something like read affinity for
replication? Or  Ceph always choose primary replication first except the
primary crashes? If that so, Can i evenly distribute among replications?
That will be very helpful for traffic distribution. I can't find
documents or article about prioritization until now.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Why would it help? Since it's not that ONE OSD will be primary for all objects. There will be 1 Primary OSD per PG and you'll probably have a couple of thousands PGs.

Eventually the traffic will smooth out just fine in most use cases.

Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902
Skype: contact42on