Questions about monitors load balancing

Hello,

I'm just started using ceph and I'm trying to understand how works connections between monitors, client and OSDs. I have test infrastructure with two monitors and 3 OSDs. I create pool which is mapped to host (client). Now I'm not quite sure how exactly connections works when for example I save data to this rbd device. IMHO my client connects to monitor (can he connect to both of them to e.g. load balance traffic?), monitor "tells" to my server to which OSD should he connect and send data and data is send directly to this OSD. Am I right? My second question is that can I add more than one monitor to this my client server and than will it be connected to both of them or only to one? If only one so for what I can add more than one monitor?

Thanks a lot for any information or links to documentation with answers for those questions :)
--
Sławek Kapłoński
slawek@xxxxxxxxxxxx