Ceph Community Berlin founded

Hi,

The inaugural meeting of the Ceph Berlin community took place on Monday,
January 27th. A total of 14 "Cephalopods" found their way to the
Heinlein Offices. That was a great response to a group that was formed
just under three weeks ago. And we even have around 30 members right now.

In the organizational part we agreed to meet every two months,
preferably on mondays at 18:00 in rotating locations. We want
to have a short presentation (a Ceph story) and then head to a nearby
restaurant for dinner and drinks.

After that was settled, we heard a great talk from Christian "Theuni"
Theune of http://gocept.com and http://flyingcircus.io/ showing their
experiences with different storage systems and their current migration
from iSCSI to Ceph for their KVM-Cluster.

At a quarter past eight the pack was hungry and we headed to a nearby
Spanish restaurant for tapas and more talking until about 22:30. This
was a remarkable evening.

If you want to join us head over to http://www.meetup.com/Ceph-Berlin/

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,