Re: RBD module - RHEL 6.4

On 01/29/2014 12:47 PM, Schlacta, Christ wrote:

> Dkms is red hat technology.  they developed it. Whether or not they support
> it I don't know... what do know is that dkms by design didn't modify your
> running, installed, "fully supported RedHat" kernel. This is in fact why
> and how RedHat designed it

First of all, that's rubbish, you can't install a driver without
modifying your system. That's why even the stuff RedHat provides as
"technology preview" is not supported by RedHat for production use; I'm
fairly sure stuff you build yourself is out of the question entirely.

Second, it's usually not about technology, it's about auditors with
checklists. The fact that you can do it and it will most likely work
just fine has nothing to do with it.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin