Re: OSD/monitor timeouts?

Hi Gregory,
On 24/01/14 12:20, Gregory Farnum wrote:
>>> I could see in netstat that the connections were still "up" after
>>> a few minutes.

> How long did you wait? By default the node will get timed out after
> ~30 seconds, be marked down, and then the remaining OSDs will take
> over all activity for it. The client's connections might not close
> for several minutes more, but that on its own isn't a problem.

I waited a couple of minutes.  The VM just seemed to stall trying to
read the disk during this time.  Progress copying files had stopped and
Explorer would hang when I tried to view the disk's contents.

> Did the cluster actually detect the node as down? (You could check
> this by looking at the ceph -w output or similar when running the
> test.) If it was detected as down and the VM continued to block
> (modulo maybe a little time for the client to decide its monitor was
> down; I forget what the timeouts are there), that would be odd.

I shall give that a command a try next time I get near the cluster
(Tuesday).  (I could do it today I guess, but I can't remotely power
nodes back on, or hard-power them off from home.)

The fact that I'm running mon daemons on the same hosts as the OSDs
shouldn't affect things should it?

Regards,
--
Stuart Longland