Re: Ceph S3 Object Gateway Error : 405 Method Not Allowed

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM, David Francheski (dfranche)
<dfranche@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Yehuda,
>
> I've attached both the apache2 access/error logs, as well as the radosgw
> log file.
> It doesn't look like /var/www/s3gw.fcgi is even being called.
> I put a "touch /tmp/radosgw-started-flag" command in /var/www/s3gw.fcgi
> for debug purposes;
> I don't see the /tmp/radosgw-started-flag file after the 405 error is
> returned.
>
> I also placed "rgw debug = 20" into /etc/ceph.conf
> (your suggestion was "debug rgw = 20" which didn't look quite right ).

While it doesn't look right, it is the actual configurable.

It doesn't look like your apache setup is correct, there's a good
chance that you have another site configured (maybe the default apache
one) and everything is just getting sent there.

Yehuda

> Thanks again for your help
> I really appreciate it !
>
> -David
>

> On 1/23/14 9:31 AM, "Yehuda Sadeh" <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 8:24 AM, David Francheski (dfranche)
>><dfranche@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using the latest Emperor Ceph release, and trying to bring up the S3
>>> Object Gateway.
>>> I have a Ceph cluster deployed on an Ubuntu 13.10 based distribution.
>>>
>>> When I attempt to create a S3 bucket using the "boto" python module, I
>>>get
>>> the following error:
>>>
>>> Boto.exception.S3ResponseError:   S3ResponseError:  405 Method Not
>>>Allowed
>>>

>>> (This translates into a PUT request on the apache2 server itself
>>>running on
>>> the gateway)
>>>

>>> I'm using the following python script from my client:
>>>
>>> #!/usr/bin/python
>>>
>>> import boto
>>> import boto.s3.connection
>>> access_key = 'RATATZG7WCGGD9915ODH'