Re: Low write speed

Hi, Wido den Hollander
>> Good day! Please help me solve the problem. There are the following scheme :
>> Server ESXi with 1Gb NICs. it has local store store2Tb and two isci storage connected to the second server .
>> The second server supermicro: two 1TB hdd (lsi 9261-8i with battery), 8 CPU cores, 32 GB RAM and 2 1Gb NICs . On /dev/sda installed ubuntu 12 and ceph-emperor. /dev/sdb disk placed under osd.0.

>How do you do journaling?

When i create osd i see:
NFO:ceph-disk:Will colocate journal with data on /dev/sdb

>Have you tried TGT instead?
I tried tgt (with --bstype rbd) and result same.

>Have you also tried to run a rados benchmark? (rados bench)
rados bench -p my_pool 300 write

Total time run:         30.821284
Total writes made:      371
Write size:             4194304
Bandwidth (MB/sec):     48.149

Stddev Bandwidth:       38.1729
Max bandwidth (MB/sec): 116
Min bandwidth (MB/sec): 0
Average Latency:        1.31857
Stddev Latency:         1.6014
Max latency:            9.2685
Min latency:            0.013897

>Also, be aware that Ceph excels in it's parallel performance. You
>shouldn't look at the performance of a single "LUN" or RBD image that
>much, it's much more interesting to see the aggegrated performance of 10
>or maybe 100 "LUNs" together.

I dont understand how do it. I must create 10 LUN and 10 iscsi storage on esxi, and then test migrate 10 VM from local store to iscsi storage?

Thanks! Vitaliy