Re: v0.75 released

On 18/01/14 19:50, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Jan 15, 2014, Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  v0.75 291 files changed, 82713 insertions(+), 33495 deletions(-)

Upgrading
~~~~~~~~~

I suggest adding:

   * All (replicated?) pools will likely fail scrubbing because the
     per-pool dirty object counts, introduced in 0.75, won't match.  This
     inconsistency is cleared by a pg repair; unfortunately this is about
     as expensive as a a deep-scrub, and it's not automatically scheduled
     or retried, like scrubs and deep-scrubs.

I suppose after the dirty counts are brought to sync, the next scrub
won't find inconsistent counts again, but I haven't got to that point
yet.

What surprised me was the huge number of objects marked as dirty!  It
was at least 14k out of 70k objects in each data pool, and even more in
metadata pools, but it's not like I have messed with this many objects
recently.  Could something be amiss there?

And stat mis-matches too I think are going to require folk to run repairs.

Regards

Mark