From: ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Ryder (daryder)
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 4:07 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Power Cycle Problems

Hello,

On two separate occasions I have lost power to my Ceph cluster. Both times, I had trouble bringing the cluster back to good health. I am wondering if I need to config something that would solve this problem?

After powering back up the cluster, “ceph health” revealed stale pages, mds cluster degraded, 3/3 OSDs down. I tried to issue “sudo /etc/init.d/ceph -a start” but I got no output from the command and the health status did not change.

I ended up having to re-install the cluster to fix the issue, but as my group wants to use Ceph for VM storage in the future, we need to find a solution.

Please note I followed the Storage Cluster Quick Start for installation and did not make any Ceph config changes after.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg

Dan Ryder
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
CSMTG Performance/Analytics
daryder@xxxxxxxxx

Cisco Systems, Inc.
7100-8 Kit Creek Road
PO Box 14987
27709-4987
Research Triangle Park
United States
Cisco.com

Think before you print. Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to: