Re: ceph-deploy, single mon not in quorum

HI Mordur,

I'm definitely straining my memory on this one, but happy to help if I can?

I'm pretty sure I did not figure it out -- you can see I didn't get
any feedback from the list.  What I did do, however, was uninstall
everything and try the same setup with mkcephfs, which worked fine at
the time.  This was 8 months ago, though, and I have since used
ceph-deploy many times with great success.  I am not sure if I have
ever tried a similar set up, though, with just one node and one
monitor.  Fortuitiously, I may be trying that very setup today or
tomorrow.  If I still have issues, I will be sure to post them here.

Are you using both the latest ceph-deploy and the latest Ceph packages
(Emperor or newer dev packages)?  There have been lots of changes in
the monitor area, including in the upstart scripts, that made many
things more robust in this area.  I did have a cluster a few months
ago that had a flaky monitor that refused to join quorum after
install, and I had to just blow it away and re-install/deploy it and
then it was fine, which I thought was odd.

Sorry that's probably not much help.

 - Travis