Re: backfilling after OSD marked out _and_ OSD removed

Here’s a more direct question. Given this osd tree:

# ceph osd tree  |head
# id	weight	type name	up/down	reweight
-1	2952	root default
-2	2952		room 0513-R-0050
-3	262.1			rack RJ35
-14	135.8			rack RJ57
-51	0				host p05151113781242
-52	5.46				host p05151113782262
1036	2.73					osd.1036	DNE
1037	2.73					osd.1037	DNE

If I do

   ceph osd crush rm osd.1036

or even

  ceph osd crush reweight osd.1036 2.5

it is going to result in some backfilling. Why?

Cheers, Dan