Re: openstack -- does it use "copy-on-write"?

Which version of OpenStack are you using?

When you launch your image are you using "Boot from image" or "Boot
from image (creates a new volume)"
The former copies the image out of glance onto the local storage.  The
latter should be copy-on-write using ceph rbd.