disabling cephx authentication & openstack

If I've installed ceph (and Openstack) with ceph authentication enabled, but I *now* want to disable cephx authentication using the techniques described in the ceph documentation (http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/authentication/#disable-cephx), do I need to reconfigure anything on OpenStack? (I'm hoping that OpenStack will now automatically skip authentication and therefore improve performance, even though the "secret" keys and other "cephx authetnication" keyrings are still left in the OpenStack and/or virsh configuration files.)

(I've noticed a slight performance drop between 2 different CEPH deployments. There were a couple variables that were different between the 2 deployments, one of which was cephx authentication -- how much of a performance penalty do people think CEPHX authentication incurs?)