Re: ceph osd perf question

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:02 AM, Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Could someone explain what's the new perf stats show and if the numbers are
> reasonable on my cluster?
>
> I am concerned about the high fs_commit_latency, which seems to be above
> 150ms for all osds. I've tried to find the documentation on what this
> command actually shows, but couldn't find anything.
>
> I am using 3TB sas drives with 4 osd journals on each ssd. Are the numbers
> below reasonable for a fairly idle ceph cluster (osd utilisation below 10%
> on average)?

This is a report about flushing data out to the backing-store disk,
and fs_commit_latency is generally going to include a syncfs syscall,
so 150-600 ms is not unreasonable. The fs_apply_latency (for applying
updates to the in-memory filesystem) and the numbers on the journal
are the ones to look at.
-Greg