Monitor configuration issue

I created a cluster, four monitors, and 12 OSDs using the ceph-deploy tool.  I initially created this cluster with one monitor, then added a "public network" statement in ceph.conf so that I could use ceph-deploy to add the other monitors.  When I run ceph -w now everything checks out and all monitors and OSDs show up and I can read and write data to my pool.  The problem is when I shut down the monitor that I initially used to configure the cluster, nothing works anymore.  If I run ceph -w all I get is fault errors about that first monitor being down, and I can't read or write data even though the other three monitors are still up.  What did I do wrong here?  I've been looking over the documentation and I see all kinds of info about having a mon addr attribute in my config or a public ip in the [mon] section but my config doesn't have anything like that in it.  Here is my complete config:

[global]
fsid = a0ab5715-f9e6-4d71-8da6-0ad976ac350c
mon_initial_members = storage1
mon_host = 10.0.10.11
auth_supported = cephx
osd_journal_size = 6144