is the manual correct?

hi all,
    offical manual says,
==================================================================================================================
STOPPING W/OUT REBALANCING
Periodically, you may need to perform maintenance on a subset of your cluster, or resolve a problem that affects a failure domain (e.g., a rack). If you do not want CRUSH to automatically rebalance the cluster as you stop OSDs for maintenance, set the cluster to noout first:

ceph osd set noout
Once the cluster is set to noout, you can begin stopping the OSDs within the failure domain that requires maintenance work.

ceph osd stop osd.{num}
Note
  Placement groups within the OSDs you stop will become degraded while you are addressing issues with within the failure domain.

Once you have completed your maintenance, restart the OSDs.

ceph osd start osd.{num}
but I can’t run ceph osd start/stop,it’s not because of my configuration,obviously,start/stop is not a valid command.I installed ceph 0.71 on ubuntu 12.04,what’s the problem?my ceph version is too new or too old?  any sugguestions? thank you.
# ceph osd stop osd.1
no valid command found; 10 closest matches:
osd tier remove-overlay <poolname>
osd tier cache-mode <poolname> none|writeback|invalidate+forward|readonly
osd tier set-overlay <poolname> <poolname>
osd tier remove <poolname> <poolname>
osd tier add <poolname> <poolname>
osd pool stats {<name>}
osd pool set-quota <poolname> max_objects|max_bytes <val>
osd thrash <int[0-]>
osd reweight-by-utilization {<int[100-]>}
osd pool rename <poolname> <poolname>
Error EINVAL: invalid command