Re: Ceph under Ubuntu 14.04, what's still on the TODO?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013, James Page wrote:

> Hi Wido
>
> On 11/12/13 13:31, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> > I was looking at the packages for Ceph under Ubuntu 14.04 LTSand I
> > noticed that currently Ceph 0.72 (Emperor) is packaged for Trusty
> > (codename)/
>
> I keep ontop of the stable releases during the development cycle; we
> also have a minor release exception for Ceph which means I can push
> point releases as stable release updates.
>
> > Both Qemu (1.7) and libvirt (1.1.4) is compiled with librbd
> > support, so that's great.
> >
> > Is there anything else still missing that needs to be fixed for
> > Ubuntu 14.04? Things that come to mind:
> >
> > - tgt packages with rbd enabled?
>
> Done
>
> > - modfastcgi for Apache with 100-continue support?
>
> Tricky - when I last looked at this the consensus was that
> 100-continue support appeared to break general FastCGI compat - but it
> would be nice to look at this again.  I'm also trying to get
> mod_fastcgi out of Ubuntu multiverse (due to a cause in the license
> which makes it non-free from Debian's perspective) but upstream are
> not that active so I'm not depending on that!

BTW it looks like firefly will have a mode for radosgw that will let it
run as a completely standalone web server.  You won't be able to layer in
other functionality via random apache modules, but I don't think most
users need/want that, and it will be a vastly simpler installation (and
pretty speedy to!).

sage