Re: ceph reliability in large RBD setups

Hi Felix,
I've been running similar calculations recently. I've been using this
tool from Inktank to calculate RADOS reliabilities with different
assumptions:
  https://github.com/ceph/ceph-tools/tree/master/models/reliability

But I've also had similar questions about RBD (or any multi-part files
stored in RADOS) -- naively, a file/device stored in N objects would
be N times less reliable than a single object. But I hope there's an
error in that logic.
Cheers, Dan