Re: Mounting Ceph on Linux/Windows

> Can someone point me to directions on how to mount a Ceph storage
> volume on Linux as well as Windows?

Do you mean cephfs filesystem, or rbd block device?

I have ported librbd to windows in a very "alpha" sense - it compiles and I can do things like 'rbd ls' and 'rbd import', but haven't tested it much further than that.

I was hoping something like blktap already existed for Windows so I could write a windows application to expose a block device from userspace, but I can't find anything, or at least can't find anything open source. I started writing a driver but haven't had time to do much with it yet.

If you wanted to use cephfs then you could probably build on the porting work I've done. I'm not sure what cephfs uses but I assume it sits on top of librados so that work is already done (assuming there is a fuse-like driver for windows - otherwise you'd have to port it all to windows kernel which is more work, as the windows kernel doesn't support C++)

James