Journaling logs on ssds

Hi all,

I have some questions about the journaling logs.
My setup: I have 3 hosts, each having 12 * 4TB sata disks and 2 * 200GB ssd disks, 12 cores (2 hexacores) and 32GB RAM per host.

- I read that it is not a good idea to put the OS on the same SSD than the journals - I also read that it's not a good idea to put all the journals on the same SSD, because if that SSD fail, all osds of that hosts will fail (because the journals are lost). Also 12 partitions on one ssd is probably too much? - An RAID1 SSD array would fix the total failure issue, but then the OS is on the same disk again and this could be a performance bottleneck

Is my assumption correct that none of these configurations are recommended, and if so: is one of the configuration acceptable? Are there other configurations I could use with this setup?

A last question: Is it a good idea to put the journal of XFS itself (or other underlying fs) on the ssd?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
Kenneth Waegeman