optimal setup with 4 x ethernet ports

My OSD servers have 4 network ports currently, configured as:
eth0 - lan/osd public
eth1 - unused
eth2 - osd cluster network #1
eth3 - osd cluster network #2

each server has two OSD's, one is configured on osd cluster network #1, the other on osd cluster network #2. This avoids any messing around with bonding etc.

Is having two cluster networks like this a supported configuration? Every osd and mon can reach every other so I think it should be.

This setup is somewhat of a hangover from a previous configuration and I'm planning on reconfiguring it. Obviously combining lan and osd traffic isn't ideal.

My ideas for possible changes are:

1. move osd traffic to eth1. This obviously limits maximum throughput to ~100Mbytes/second, but I'm getting nowhere near that right now anyway.

2. bond eth[1-3] and have no separate cluster network

3. bond eth[0-3] and run separate networks over vlan's.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

James