Re: odd performance graph

Hi,

> > The low points are all ~35Mbytes/sec and the high points are all
> > ~60Mbytes/sec. This is very reproducible.
>
> It occurred to me that just stopping the OSD's selectively would allow me to see if there was a change when one
> was ejected, but at no time was there a change to the graph...

did you configure the pool with 3 copies and try to run the benchmark test with one OSD only ?
Can you reproduce the values for each OSD ?

Also, while doing the benchmarks, check the native IO performance on linux side with e.g. iostat(hdd) or iperf (net).

Additionally you can use other benchmark tools like bonnie, fio or the ceph-benchmark on linux to get values not intercepted by a windows virtual-machine (running HDTach on) abstract storage layer.

regards
Danny