Adding new OSDs, need to increase PGs?

Dear all,

Greetings to all, I am new to this list. Please mind my newbie question. :)

I am running a Ceph cluster with 3 servers and 4 drives / OSDs per server. So total currently there are 12 OSDs running on the cluster. I set PGs (Placement Groups) value to 600 based on recommendation of calculating number of PGs = number of OSDs * 100 / number of replicas, which is 2.

Now I am going to add one more OSD node with 4 drives (OSDs) to make up to 16 OSDs in total.

My question, do I need to increase the PGs value to 800? Or leave it at 600? If I need to increase, on which step I need to increase the value (pg_num and pgp_num) during the insertion of the new node?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Cheers.