Re: radosgw daemon stalls on download of some files

Hi Yehuda,

> It's interesting, the responses are received but seems that they
> aren't being handled (hence the following pings). There are a few
> things that you could look at. First, try to connect to the admin
> socket and see if you get any useful information from there. This
> could include in-flight requests, look for other requests that have
> not completed. Also see if there's indication for requests throttling.

Do you refer to the methods mentioned here? http://ceph.com/docs/dumpling/radosgw/troubleshooting/?
Unfortunately the socket file is not present. Do i have to activate it in the config somehow? I could not find any reference to that in the docs. Is it already included in my radosgw version?
radosgw -v
ceph version 0.67.4 (ad85b8bfafea6232d64cb7ba76a8b6e8252fa0c7)

> Another thing to look at would be at the seemingly unrelated timeout
> messages. These should not happen and might indicate that there's
> something that is holding you up that shouldn't. Try searching for the
> same thread id that is specified in these messages (omit the 0x
> prefix), and see what's the last thing that it's doing.

I checked that:
http://pastebin.com/Z23PWwjt
i do not see anything unusual before the messages happen, but maybe you see something odd.

> You could also try turning on also 'debug objecter = 20', see if it
> provides more info (it's very verbose though).

Did that, but that is way to verbose for me ;) I uploaded it here:
http://pastebin.com/VBPAVP6z
There might be some requests mixed into it, but the one for cdn/52974400c6dd6ca719000004/source.avi is the one that stalled.

> How much are you loading the gateway before that happens? We've seen a
> similar issue in the past that was related to the fcgi library that is
> dynamically linked with the radosgw process (that is, not the apache
> mod_fastcgi module). This, however, would only happen when there's
> heavy load and the fd numbers handled by the radosgw surpassed 1024
> (buggy library that was using select() instead of poll()).

There are not that many requests on the Storage, maybe 10-20 req/min. The cluster serves as a source for a CDN, so once the resource is fetched it should not be fetched again soon. I checked for the open files, and there are only about 10-20 open file handles for the radosgw process. So this probably is not the issue.

Sebastian