Re: 回复:Re: testing ceph performance issue

> How much performance can be improved if use SSDs  to storage journals?

You will see roughly twice the throughput unless you are using btrfs
(still improved but not as dramatic). You will also see lower latency
because the disk head doesn't have to seek back and forth between
journal and data partitions.

>   Kernel RBD Driver  ,  what is this ?

There are several RBD implementations, one is the kernel RBD driver in
upstream Linux, another is built into Qemu/KVM.

> and we want to know the RBD if  support XEN virual  ?

It is possible, but not nearly as well tested and not prevalent as RBD
via Qemu/KVM. This might be a starting point if your interested in
testing Xen/RBD integration:

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Ceph_and_libvirt_technology_preview

Hope that helps!

--