Re: [ANN] ceph-deploy 1.3.3 released!

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Gruher, Joseph R
<joseph.r.gruher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Alfredo-
>
> Have you looked at adding the ability to specify a proxy on the ceph-deploy command line?  Something like:
>
>         ceph-deploy install --proxy {http_proxy}
>
> That would then need to run all the remote commands (rpm, curl, wget, etc) with the proxy.  Not sure how complex that would be to implement... just curious.

Yes, we briefly discussed this but it was clear that the scope was too
big. There are too many different tools that would need to be
configured to
correctly go through a proxy.

It is way easier if you already have a mirror and we are just
configuring the package manager to use that correctly.