Re: CephFS filesystem disapear!

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Alphe Salas Michels <asalas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all!

I experience a strange issue since last update to ubuntu 13.10 (saucy) and ceph emperor 0.72.1

kernel version  3.11.0-13-generic #20-Ubuntu

ceph packages installed are the ones for RARING

when I mount my ceph cluster using cephfs and I upload a tons of data or do a directory listing (find . -printf "%d %k" ) or do
a chown -R user:user * at some point the filesystem disapear!

I don t know how to solve this issue there is no entry in anylog the only thing that seems to be affected is ceph-watch-notice that get stuckl
and forbid the unmount "have to pid kill .-9 that process to umount / mount the ceph cluster on client proxy to start over the process.
in the chown if I put --changes to slow it down just enought then the problem seems to disapear.

sounds like the d_prune_aliases() bug. please try updating 3.12 kernel or using ceph-fuse

Yan, Zheng

Any suggestions are welcome
Atte,

--