Re: Today I’ve encountered multiple OSD down and multiple OSD won’t start and OSD disk access “Input/Output” error”

Thanks Kyle,
--I'll look into and  try out udev and upstart.
-- yes on set "noout", definitely a good idea, until for sure that osd is gone for good.

If osd disk is totally gone,
Then  down-n'-out.
Remove  from crushmap/Update crushmap.
Verify crushmap
Then used ceph-deploy to add a replacement osd in the same osd.num

Does this sound about right?

-Ben