From: ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of alistair.whittle@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 7:03 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: radosgw configuration problems - Swift access

All,

I have configured a rados gateway as per the Dumpling quick instructions on a Red Hat 6 server.  The idea is to use Swift API to access my cluster via this interface.

Have configured FastCGI, httpd, as per the guides, did all the user creations/authtool commands for the Swift user/subuser etc and it all “seemed” to go through smoothly.

When I created the user I got back the following results:

{ "user_id": "greg",

  "display_name": "<removed name>",

  "email": "<removed email>",

  "suspended": 0,

  "max_buckets": 1000,

  "auid": 0,

  "subusers": [

        { "id": "greg:swift",

          "permissions": "full-control"}],

  "keys": [

        { "user": "greg",

          "access_key": "B776L21S7ACY97B3VDLE",

          "secret_key": "1V4BMEixut1SgzbPsKmt3SfqHhOgxMjkbINF4bMy"}],

  "swift_keys": [

        { "user": "greg:swift",

          "secret_key": "a3FOvDaCHNotU93jIJaUE0Qyzc6CPLH5By5Km7p6"}],

  "caps": [],

  "op_mask": "read, write, delete",

  "default_placement": "",

  "placement_tags": []}

At least a week or so passed between doing the above configuration and then trying to connect via Swift.   There were no changes done to the Ceph configuration during this time.

Now, when trying to access the cluster using Swift, we get an “account not found” error.   This is using the following example command listed in the ceph docs:

swift –V 1.0 –A http://fqdn_of_gateway/auth -U greg:swift -K a3FOvDaCHNotU93jIJaUE0Qyzc6CPLH5By5Km7p6 post test

When doing a debug version of this command it adds the fact that it can’t find the /auth directory prior to saying “Account not found”.

As part of debugging this, I tried to run the “radosgw-admin user check” command to confirm the configuration.   It gives the following error:

“2013-11-08 12:55:06.228905 7f8dd9d32820  0 WARNING: cannot read region map”

I then tried to add a new user using the same process as before, and it gave the same error.

My questions are this:

-          Has anyone seen this before?

-          Why could I create the initial user above, and suddenly I can’t create anymore, or indeed view this one’s details?

-          Is there a step I have missed to create a region, because the version of the doc I read did not (as far as I recall) include anything about it.  I have looked at the current docs, but they have been updated to include the “Emperor” stuff which is multi-region and I can’t find the dumpling specific stuff anymore to be sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction. It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use. Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.

For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer regarding market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants; and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.