Re: Ephemeral RBD with Havana and Dumpling

Thank you all for the info. Any chance this may make it into mainline?

Thanks,
Dinu

On Nov 14, 2013, at 4:27 PM, Jens-Christian Fischer <jens-christian.fischer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Jens-Christian Fischer <jens-christian.fischer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We have migration working partially - it works through Horizon (to a random host) and sometimes through the CLI.

random host? Do you mean cold-migration? Live-migration should be specified destination host.

I have just been digging through Horizon to find out what it does: it calls migrate (reading some docs: ah this is indeed cold migration)

We are using the nova fork by Josh Durgin https://github.com/jdurgin/nova/commits/havana-ephemeral-rbd - are there more patches that need to be integrated?

I hope I can release or push commits to this branch contains live-migration, incorrect filesystem size fix and ceph-snapshort support in a few days.

great looking very much forward to that!

cheers
jc