Re: Havana & RBD - a few problems

Hi Josh

> Using libvirt_image_type=rbd to replace ephemeral disks is new with
> Havana, and unfortunately some bug fixes did not make it into the
> release. I've backported the current fixes on top of the stable/havana
> branch here:
>
> https://github.com/jdurgin/nova/tree/havana-ephemeral-rbd

that looks really useful. I have tried to patch our installation, but so far haven't been successful: First I tried to replace the whole /usr/share/pyshared/nova directory with the one from your repository, then only the changed files. (Ubuntu Saucy). In both cases nova-compute dies immediately after starting it. There is probably a really simple way to install your version on an Ubuntu server - but I don't know how...

>> 2) Creating a new instance from an ISO image fails completely - no
>> bootable disk found, says the KVM console. Related?
>
> This sounds like a bug in the ephemeral rbd code - could you file
> it in launchpad if you can reproduce with file injection disabled?
> I suspect it's not being attached as a carom.

Will try to reproduce as soon as I have the patched version

> You're seeing some issues in the ephemeral rbd code, which is new
> in Havana. None of these affect non-ephemeral rbd, or Grizzly.
> Thanks for reporting them!

thanks for your help

cheers
jc