Re: Ceph monitor problems

On 10/30/2013 04:39 PM, Aaron Ten Clay wrote:
It sounds like you tried to go from 1 monitor to 2 monitors, which is an
unsupported configuration as far as I am aware. You must have either 1,
or 3 or more monitors for a quorum to be possible.

A quorum of 2 monitors is completely fine as long as both monitors are up. A quorum is always possible regardless of how many monitors you have, as long as a majority is up and able to form it (1 out of 1, 2 out of 2, 2 out of 3, 3 out of 4, 3 out of 5, 4 out of 6,...).

  -Joao

More information is available here:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/add-or-rm-mons/

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM, <alistair.whittle@xxxxxxxxxxxx