Re: interested questions

Hi  there

I am interested in the following questions:
1.Does the amount of HDD performance cluster?

not quite sure I understand your question, but: Adding more disks and more servers in general helps performance, because the requests will be spread out among more spindles. We see > 1 GByte/Second sequential read from our 64 slow SATA drives (in 10 servers)

2.Is there any experience of implementing KVM virtualization and Ceph on the same server?

Yes - we have/had Openstack Folsom running on the same hosts that hosted the OSD. This is not a recommended way of implementing things, but it works reasonably well for testing purposes. We are planning/building our next cluster now (a production cluster) and plan to separate OSD/MON servers from OpenStack compute servers.

cheers
Jens-Christian

--
SWITCH