Re: changing journals post-bobcat?

The bobtail release added udev/upstart capabilities that allowed you
to not have per OSD entries in ceph.conf. Under the covers the new
udev/upstart scripts look for a special label on OSD data volumes,
matching volumes are mounted and then a few files are inspected:

journal_uuid  whoami

The journal_uuid is the uuid of the journal device for that OSD,
whoami indicates the OSD number the data volume belongs to. This
thread might be helpful for changing the journal device:

http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2013-October/005162.html

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM, John Kinsella <jlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey folks - looking around, I see plenty (OK, some) on how to modify journal size and location for older ceph, when ceph.conf was used (I think the switch from ceph.conf to storing osd/journal config elsewhere happened with bobcat?). I recently deployed a cluster with ceph-deploy on 0.67 and wanted to change the journal size for the OSDs.
>
> Is this a remove/re-create procedure now, or is there an easier way?
>
> John

Kyle