Re: About use same SSD for OS and Journal

Kurt,

When you had OS and osd journals co-located, how many osd journals were on the SSD containing the OS?

You mention you now use a 5:1 ratio. Was the ratio something like 11:1 before (one SSD for OS plus 11 osd journals to 11 OSDs in a 12-disk chassis)?

Also, what throughput per drive were you seeing on the cluster during the periods where things got laggy due to backfills, etc?

Last, did you attempt to throttle using ceph config setting in the old setup? Do you need to throttle in your current setup?

Thanks,
Mike Dawson