Re: Default PGs

What I did was "ceph-deploy new <hosts>" to create the default ceph.conf, then I added these lines in [global]:
osd_pool_default_pgp_num = 800
osd_pool_default_pg_num = 800

Then I created the monitors and OSDs via ceph-deploy.  I still had 64 PGs in all the default pools.  Is that expected?  Do I need to set up ceph.conf before running "new"?  If I do it seems to overwrite my ceph.conf with the default ceph.conf.

For pools created later, the pool create command requires you specify the number of PGs, so I can't really judge if the default PG value is working.  Trying to run "ceph osd pool create {pool-name} {pg-num}" without supplying a value for pg-num fails.

I was able to adjust the PGs in the default pools after they were created - that works as described.