Re: mds laggy or crashed

[ Adding back the list for archival and general edification. :) ]

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Gagandeep Arora <aroragagan24@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Greg,
>
> mds was running fine for more than a month and last week on Thursday, we
> created a snapshot to test the snapshot functionality of cephfs and the
> snapshot was removed the same day. After that, the mds crashed with the
> laggy status. The cluster was setup with 67.3 and I upgraded it to 67.4 to
> see if it fixes mds problem but it doesn't.

Oh dear. The multi-mds and snapshot capabilities are both less stable
than a single-mds, regular filesystem, use case is. Combining them is
definitely likely to cause issues and you appear to have hit one. If
it's available to you the easiest course is probably to recreate the
filesystem and try to avoid using those features.
It's conceivable somebody could clean up your FS, but the assert
you're seeing is basically saying "we lost track of some updates at
some point in the past and now we're inconsistent". It's unlikely we
could find the root cause and fixing it is presently not a trivial
matter. :(
-Greg