Re: radosgw s3 API feature

On 10/23/2013 09:27 AM, lixuehui wrote:
Hi all
We know that radosgw supported a subset of Amazon s3 functional
features.Does radosgw support server-side encryption algorithm ,when
creating an object,through Amazon s3 api support AES256 on server-side?
Or can we use client-side encryption algorithm ?

I would always recommend to use client side encryption, this way your private key can stay local and can never be intercepted.

And the current implementation of the RGW doesn't support server-side encryption.

Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902
Skype: contact42on