Re: (no subject)

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM,  <Paul_Whittington@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to experiment with the ceph class methods technology.  I've looked
> at the cls_hello sample but I'm having trouble figuring out how to compile,
> like and install.  Are there any step-by-step documents on how to compile,
> link and deploy the method .so files?

Hrm. We haven't done much work to make building object classes
friendly yet — we build all ours directly in the Ceph tree. It's
probably easiest for you to do the same.
Installation just requires dropping the .so in the directory specified
by the "osd class dir" config option (defaults to
/var/lib/ceph/rados-classes, I think), and then the OSD will find and
load it when the first request for that class comes in.
-Greg