Re: Public/Cluster addr how to

Aaron,

Thank you for the precision, everything is working fine now !

De : Aaron Ten Clay [mailto:aarontc@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : jeudi 17 octobre 2013 14:06
À : NEVEU Stephane
Cc : Gilles Mocellin; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: Public/Cluster addr how to

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:24 AM, NEVEU Stephane <stephane.neveu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you Gilles, I actually have other servers running on the same networks so can’t I just set these particular 3 IPs ?

Your servers need to have the IP addresses assigned already. The daemons will figure out which IP to bind to based on the *network* (not host) address you assign in the ceph.conf file.

In your example, you would configure your first host to have IPs 172.23.5.101 and 172.200.255.21 on the correct network interfaces, then your ceph.conf would have directives like Gilles indicated. When you use ceph-deploy, the daemons that get started on your first host will bind to the correct IPs.

-Aaron