Re: Install question

> I am trying to install Ceph on a Red Hat Linux server that does not have external access
> through which it can access the URL’s and download the files needed.   The documentation is
> not clear (to me) on how to install the software under these circumstances.

>Should I be downloading the source files and creating my own installable packages, or is

>there another easier way to do it?

As mentioned, there are RPM's which are ready to go on the Ceph site.
However, you will have to make sure you also have the dependencies of the RPM, and the dependencies of the dependencies...
You probably see where this is going, and that is why we have yum and repositories on Redhat ;)

If remotely possible I think it would be best to synchronise the Ceph and EPEL repository to a place that the server can reach.
I assume there is a machine reachable which, at least, serves the Redhat RPM's, maybe the EPEL and Ceph repo's can be added there?
If not, make sure you have a lot of time and patience to copy stuff around.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen