Re: Fwd: FW: ceph-deploy again

The original documentation was written with a script called mkcephfs
in mind. Then, we began including some documentation for Chef and
Crowbar.  We actually only had developer documentation for doing
things manually. We're working on providing manual steps now. While
it's not in the deployment section, there are some docs that may help
you understand what's going on when you deploy manually. First you
have to bootstrap a monitor. So we have some developer documentation
on that here:

http://ceph.com/docs/master/dev/mon-bootstrap/

There are also some docs for manually adding monitors and OSDs to an
existing cluster here:

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/add-or-rm-mons/
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/add-or-rm-osds/

There are also some documents for creating and modifying CRUSH maps here:

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/

There's a high level discussion of why we use the maps here:

http://ceph.com/docs/master/architecture/#scalability-and-high-availability

These procedural docs need some updating too, and we should have a
manual deploy section up soon.

John

--
John Wilkins