Re: ceph uses too much disk space!!

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 10:00:48AM +0300, Linux Chips wrote:
> maybe its woth mentioning that my OSDs are formatted as btrfs. i
> don't think that btrfs have 13% overhead. or dose it?

I would suggest you look at btrfs df, not df (never use df with btrfs)
and btrfs volume list to see what btrfs is doing.

If I'm not mistaken Ceph with btrfs uses snapshots as a way to do
transactions instead of using a journal.

Who knows, maybe something failed and they did't get cleaned up or
something like that, I've never had a look at how it is handled so
I don't know what it looks like normally. But post some information
on the list if you see something unusual, someone probably knows.