Re: Newbie question

I actually am looking for a similar answer. If 1 osd = 1 HDD, in dumpling it will relocate the data for me after the timeout which is great. If I just want to replace the osd with an unformated new HDD what is the procedure?

One method that has worked for me is to remove it out of the crush map then re add the osd drive to the cluster. This works but seems like a lot of overhead just to replace a single drive. Is there a better way to do this?