Loss of connectivity when using client caching with libvirt

Hi,

I'm running a test setup with Ceph (dumpling) and Openstack (Grizzly) using libvirt to "patch" the ceph disk directly to the qemu instance.
I'm using SL6 with the patched qemu packages from the Ceph site (which the latest version is still cuttlefish):
http://www.ceph.com/packages/ceph-extras

When I turn on client caching strange things start to happen:
I run filebench to test the performance.
During the filebench the virtual machine will have intermittently really slow network connections:
I'm talking here about ping reply's taking 30 SECONDS so effectively losing the network.

This is what I set in the ceph client:
[client]
    rbd cache = true
    rbd cache writethrough until flush = true

Anyone else noticed this behaviour before or have some troubleshooting tips?

Thx,
Robert van Leeuwen